Data Privacy Notice
Personal data relates to a living individual who can be identified from that data. Identification can be by the information alone or in conjunction with any other information in the data controller’s possession or likely to come into such possession. The processing of personal data is governed by [the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (the “GDPR”)1].
Who are we?
Music and movement is the data controller. This means it decides how your personal data is processed and for what purposes.
How do we process your personal data?
Music and movement complies with its obligations under [the GDPR] by keeping personal data up to date; by storing and destroying it securely; by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data; by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure and by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data.
We use your personal data for the following purposes: –
- To enable us to keep schools/daycare settings/nurseries up to date with our latest offers and services;
- To promote training provision to potential interested parties;
- To fundraise and promote the interests of educational organisations;
- To raise awareness of changes in policy, strategies and initiatives relating to physical and emotional health;
- To promote community projects and workshops;
- To operate the www.musicandmovement.org.uk web site and deliver the services individuals have requested.
- To inform individuals of news, events, activities or services running at music + movement
Sharing your personal data
Your personal data will be treated as strictly confidential, and will never be shared with any other body.
How long do we keep your personal data?
We keep your personal data for no longer than reasonably necessary in order to keep you updated with training provision and suitable offers. Your personal data will ONLY consist of email address and addressee.
Your rights and your personal data
Unless subject to an exemption [under the GDPR], you have the following rights with respect to your personal data: –
The right to request a copy of your personal data which the music + movement holds about you; (email address and addressee)
- The right to request that the music and movement corrects any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date;
- The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary for music and movement to retain such data;
- The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing;
- The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office.
To exercise all relevant rights, queries of complaints please in the first instance contact Helen Battelley, Director, Music + movement firstname.lastname@example.org
You can contact the Information Commissioners Office on 0303 123 1113 or via email https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/email/ or at the Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire. SK9 5AF.
With relation to schools and childcare establishments:
Your email address and/or addressee has been obtained via your website to promote training provision within your county. If you do not wish to receive promotional emails, please reply UNSUBSCRIBE or email me on email@example.com requesting the removal of your email address from the database. Your contact details will never be passed onto a third party.
By signing the consent you are confirming that you have read this Data Protection Notice and that you are consenting to Music + movement holding and processing your personal data for the stated purposes.
You can grant consent to all the purposes; one of the purposes or none of the purposes. Where you do not grant consent we will not be able to use your personal information, except in certain limited situations, such as where required to do so by law or to protect members of the public from serious harm.
If you do grant consent, please note you can withdraw your consent to all or any one of the above purposes at any time by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that all processing of your personal data will cease once you have withdrawn consent but this will not affect any personal data that has already been processed prior to this point.